About Alder Valley
Alder Valley Brass is one of the South East's finest brass bands, and provides music to enhance any occasion.
For more than 60 years Alder Valley Brass has performed at venues ranging from London's Royal Albert Hall, Windsor Castle, Epsom race course and Hampton Court Palace, to many of the UK's famous parks & bandstands. More recently, Alder Valley Brass were approached to provide a brass ensemble for the film ‘The Dig’ starring Carey Mulligan and Ralph Fiennes, which topped the viewing charts when it was released on Netflix.
Much of the band's concert work is in support of local charities and there have been proud moments working with Help for Heroes and the Royal British Legion, charities selected by the Mayor of Rushmoor at concerts, as well as The SSAFA and Phyllis Tuckwell Hospice.
Please find a link to a copy of the latest Alder Valley Brass Newsletter here.
We need a Bass Trombone, BBb bass player, Front Row Cornets and Horn players. If you are interested please get in touch in the first instance with Lee Woodward our Musical Director.
Support Alder Valley Brass
Alder Valley Brass is a registered charity (Number 1155512) and relies on public donations of which we also raise fund for local and national charities. Alder Valley Brass rely on public donations though concerts and public appearances and please feel free to use our Easy Fundraising Site or donate via our Paypal site.
Forthcoming appearancesThe aim of the Alder Valley Brass is to be one of the region’s premier musical ensembles, sharing the unique spirit and beauty of British brass band music through:
- Concerts of high musical and artistic quality given in a wide range of venues.
- Educational and community outreach.
- Friday 11th June, Whit Friday Marches Contests, (various villages in Saddleworth near Oldham).
- Saturday 12th June, from 19.30-22.00 : Joint Concert with Tintwistle Band, ‘The Place’, Glossopdale School, Newshaw Lane, Hadfield, SK13 2DA. see/download concert poster
- Saturday 25th June, from 14.00-16.00 : Woking Bandstand, 27 Park Drive, Woking GU22 7NG
- Saturday 2nd July, from 12.15-15.30 : Bourne Show, The Bourne, Farnham
- Saturday 30th July, from 12.00-14.00 : Aldershot Bandstand, Princes Gardens, Princes Way, Aldershot, GU11 1NX
- Saturday 6th August, from 14.30-17.00 : Joint Concert with 1st Whitstable Scout Group Band, Whitstable Harbour, 'Dead Man's Corner' CT5 1NB
- Sunday 7th August, from 14.30-16.30 : Deal Bandstand, The Strand, Walmer, Deal, CT14 7DX
- Sunday 21st August, from 14.00-16.00 : Alton Bandstand, Alton Public Gardens (Memorial Park), Alton GU34 1JL
- Monday 29th August, from 11.00-14.45 : Emsworth Horticultural Show, at the New Life Christian Church, 134 Main Rd (A259). Entrance via Thorney Rd, Southbourne.
- Sunday 11th September, from 15.00-17.00 : Godalming Bandstand. Philips Memorial Park, Godalming GU7 1EP
- Saturday 17th September, from 13.00-17.00 : River Wey River Festival, Dapdune Wharf, Wharf Road, Guildford GU1 4RR
We look forward to seeing you later in the year when we are able to play once again out and about in the community.